Advancements in electronics are leading the way in off-highway equipment applications as manufacturers incorporate these new features into their designs to accommodate operator preferences. With the increasing use of touchscreen technology to monitor and control vehicle systems, off-highway equipment manufacturers are outfitting vehicles with display mounts that allow for greater control of the LCD screen.
When choosing an LCD screen display mount, it is essential that the mount meet the following criteria:
- Position control solutions chosen for off-highway applications should be robust in their construction, and able to withstand vibration and bumping that may result during operation and transportation.
- To accommodate operator preference, it is essential that a display mount support the screen or monitor when it must remain stationary, yet be easy to move when repositioning is required.
- Display mounts should offer a full range of motion, easily allowing the operator to hold a screen in a precise position without any set screws, torque handles or other user intervention.
- When specifying display mounts into off-highway designs, it is important to select components capable of a reliable, repeatable cycle life that outlasts the lifetime of the vehicle.
- Mounts should be designed to prevent the slow fading from a user-set position to an undesirable position, known as drift, eliminating the need for service or adjustment.
Southco offers a full range of display mounting options for Off-Highway equipment.The tilt-only functionality of the T Series display mount, for instance, enables effortless display positioning and infinite angle options in off-highway equipment applications.
In applications requiring more adjustment, Southco also offers a tilt and swivel mount that tilts both vertically and horizontally, with a range of motion stops for added flexibility.The positioning capabilities of the K Series allow the screen to be tilted in different directions to suit the height differences of multiple operators who may use the same vehicle.